Friday, November 16, 2007

Would you work for no money? Probably not. I didn't think I ever would either but then I was offered an internship at Pixar and I really didn't care if I got paid. O.K. I care but I didn't want it to get in the way of learning from and being around some of the best in the world at what they do.

I'm working in the education department at Pixar University. It's the internal training and development devision that keeps all the employees up to date on the company and on new tools and methods. Lot's of Final Cut Pro for me. That and a lot of render wrangling.

I'm not animating at all really, just some pencil test walks but, I can't complain. I get invaluable resume credit, I get to be around during some class time and pick up bits about production ideas, software use, procedural methods, and I work inside the fabled halls of Pixar. Kinda cool, huh!

On other fronts I'm going to smoke not 1 but 2 turkeys this thanksgiving! I know a little overkill but doesn't everyone want a drum stick? Its a 2 day affair. I'll need to soak them in a brine to get a little extra flavor then on day one and then I need to spend a fair chunk of time in front of the grill on turkey day. Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The answer to your question is YES! Yes, I work for no money every day. There are aspects of life that require us to put in our very best with the result being no monetary compensation at all. The compensation is a sense of righteous accomplishment for a job well done with dediction, attention to detail, a grand sense of forthought, and the expectation that in the end you will receive much more than you could every hope to gain. My job dear heart is that of wife, mother, sister, and friend. Good Luck Bro!